Deal Alert: For a limited time just for GotCredit visitors: FreeScoresAndMore is offering a 30 day free trial, and 25% off ($14.99/mo, instead of the normal $19.99/mo). No coupon required, get the deal now before it expires by clicking any FreeScoresAndMore link on this page!
I’ve tried numerous ad-supported and premium credit monitoring services over the last several years, and I’ve written about many of them here.
But then I found FreeScoresAndMore!
What You Will Get With FreeScoresAndMore
Here’s what you get when you sign up with FreeScoresAndMore:
- Free Credit Scores from all 3 bureaus (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion)
- Credit Reports from all 3 bureaus mentioned above
- Daily 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring – Monitors your 3 credit reports on a daily basis and notifies you of certain changes like new accounts, credit inquiries, etc.
- Identity Theft Protection – Including something they call “application monitoring”, which monitors and alerts you if your personal information is being used to apply for things like credit cards, cell phones, loans, etc.
- Identity Fraud Support – If you become a victim of identity theft while you’re a member, you’ll get personalized support to help you restore your identity
I will get to what I love about it shortly, but first, I need to go over a couple things…
Make no mistake, FreeScoresAndMore is a Premium Credit Monitoring Service.
What does that mean?
It means that while they do offer a 30 day free trial, it’s not a 100% free service if you continue your membership after the free trial.
You want a 100% free credit monitoring service? Sorry, you will not find a premium credit monitoring service this good, for free.
If you want a basic Ad-Supported free credit score service, I recommend Credit Sesame. But a free credit score is about all you will get from there.
On the other hand, if you want a full featured Premium Credit Monitoring Service which provides all 3 credit reports, 3 credit scores (both updated monthly) along with daily 3-bureau credit monitoring with alerts to changes in your reports, and top notch identity theft protection…
Then go with FreeScoresAndMore.
Check out their commercial:
In my opinion, nothing about F-Sam (my nickname for it) is revolutionary. The reason I believe it’s so great is because it does everything well, and comes with a 30 day free trial and is only $14.99/month after that.
A price which is unheard of when compared to the competition.
Similar Premium Credit Monitoring Services usually cost anywhere from $20 to $30 or more per month.
In fact, if you go to their homepage (freescoresandmore.com) without clicking on my link first, and scroll down a little, the offer you will see is a 14 day free trial, and $19.99/mo after that.
Check out the screenshot:
See it there on the left, under “Learn about your 14-day trial”?
Why is it cheaper if you go through my link?
Because they have given me a special link to offer you DOUBLE the free trial length, and 25% off the monthly price, just for visiting my review page!
The thing is, I’m not sure how much longer they will allow me to offer this, so you should probably get your free trial now before this offer expires.
Just click any FreeScoresAndMore link on this page and the 30 day free trial and 25% discount will be applied automatically.
Disclosure: I receive compensation if you click through and sign up for this service. I have to feed my Chick-fil-A waffle fry addiction somehow, right?
Ok, now let’s get on with the review:
Here’s Why I Love FreeScoresAndMore
FreeScoresAndMore has been my favorite premium credit monitoring service for quite some time now.
It’s one thing have a generic list of benefits (like I did above)… but I think it’s a lot more useful to show why this service stands out from the crowd.
This is my attempt:
Here are 6 reasons why it’s my favorite:
- MONTHLY Updates to your 3 reports & scores. My second favorite premium service only updates quarterly.
- Score Tracker – Track your progress or just see how your scores change over time.
- Daily 3-bureau credit monitoring and alerts – monitors your 3 credit reports for changes and notifies you right away with “change alerts”.
- Application Monitoring – Detects if your personal information is being used to apply for loans or services without your consent, to help protect your credit.
- What-If Score Simulator – Tool that estimates how your scores might change due to various actions such as paying down debt, obtaining a new credit card, new credit inquiry, etc. This tool is really useful to find the best actions to maximize your credit scores.
- BEST VALUE – FreeScoresAndMore is by far the best value for any premium credit monitoring service I’ve reviewed. With all the features you get, a 30 day free trial, and only $14.99/mo after that, you just can’t beat the value.
Standout Feature – 3 Free Credit Scores, Score Tracking & Monthly Updates
The most valuable feature with FreeScoresAndMore I think is the fact that you can check and monitor your 3 credit scores and reports (not just 1).
And your scores and reports update on a monthly basis.
That may not sound amazing, but if you compare it to its closest competition, you will find that the update frequency is 3 times more often!
Check out these screenshots of the FreeScoresAndMore interface:
An example of the credit score tracking feature:
My Main Gripe
There is one thing I can gripe about with this service, they don’t provide your VantageScore or FICO score.
Your credit scores through FreeScoresAndMore are provided by CreditXpert, which is a name you may not have heard of before.
Rest assured – in my experience, they’re very close to your actual FICO scores.
By the way, you’d NEVER get all 3 FICO scores on a monthly basis in this price range. FICO scores aren’t cheap! But these scores are a great substitute and are virtually identical to your FICO scores.
I truly believe that, for the price, you can’t beat FreeScoresAndMore.
I also believe that it’s well worth the 50 cents a day it costs, to check, monitor, and help protect 100% of your credit data.
Take advantage of the limited time offer of a 30 day trial and only $14.99/mo after that (25% off the normal price!).
For you cheapskates out there:
If you’re a cheapskate and only want to see one credit score (and no credit reports) and don’t want to pay anything for it, check out Credit Sesame.
But if you do, just keep in mind that by only using a “free credit score” service like Credit Sesame, you’re only getting 1/6th of the pie, when you could have the whole thing with FreeScoresAndMore!