A: 665 is a "Fair" Credit Score!
Any credit score in the 650-699 range is generally considered “Fair”.
|Excellent||750 - 850|
|Good||700 - 749|
|Fair||650 - 699|
|Poor||550 - 649|
|Very Poor||300 - 549|
A 665 credit score (Fair Credit) is often viewed by lenders as an acceptable credit risk - meaning you will usually be approved for the credit or loan you are seeking.
But you will probably not receive the more competitive offers and rates that having a "Good" credit score (above 700) can provide.
Any score below 700 could use a boost.
If you want some of the best rates and terms lenders have to offer, you need to work on raising your credit score to at least 725, which is well within the “good” range.
What Will a 665 Credit Score Get You?
A 665 credit score falls within the "Fair" range on the scale.
But what will it get you?
|Item||Do You Qualify?|
|Any Credit Card||NO|
|No Annual Fee Credit Card||YES|
|Credit Card with 0% Financing||YES|
|Best Mortgage Rates||NO|
|Auto Loan with 0% Rate||NO|
|Lowest Auto Insurance Premiums||NO|
How Does a 665 Credit Score Compare?
It's one thing to find out if your credit credit score is "Good" or "Bad". But more importantly, how does it compare to others?
Here's a quick look at how a 665 credit score stacks up:
|% Of People||Range|
|28% of people||750 - 850|
|10% of people||700 - 749|
|16% of people||650 - 699|
|32% of people||550 - 649|
|14% of people||300 - 549|
As shown above, an estimated 16% of all people have a score in the 650-699 range.
How To Improve Your Credit Score The Right Way
Once upon a time, my credit score was 665 too. I wasn't happy. It didn't allow me to get the credit cards and loan rates I desired.
So I decided to make a change.
My score is now around 777 (lucky right?), and I enjoy some of the best rates and terms lenders have to offer.
Find out how I did it:
5 Facts about a 665 Credit Score
- If you have a 665 credit score, you’re in the “Fair Credit” category (650-699) and 35 points away from the “Good Credit” rating (700+). But also only 16 points away from the “Poor Credit” rating (550-649).
- 665 credit score mortgage approval – it varies from lender to lender, but typically any score above 580 can be approved for a mortgage. Depends on the type and of course other factors such as debt-to-income ratio and income levels etc.
- Auto loans for a 665 credit score: generally, auto loans are available for just about any credit score. The question is how much you will pay for this loan. Be sure to shop around and compare offers before signing the papers.
- 665 credit score credit cards: If you look around, you will find out that almost any credit score is eligible for some type of credit card, whether it’s a conventional credit card or a secured card. This credit score range should qualify for some pretty decent credit card offers. Just watch out for that interest rate!
- Personal loans are a touchy subject. A credit score of 665 should qualify for many of them though. Just be careful, these types of loans are very expensive!