A: 675 is a "Fair" Credit Score!
Any credit score in the 650-699 range is generally considered “Fair”.
|Excellent||750 - 850|
|Good||700 - 749|
|Fair||650 - 699|
|Poor||550 - 649|
|Very Poor||300 - 549|
A 675 credit score (Fair Credit) is often viewed by lenders as an acceptable credit risk - meaning you will usually be approved for the credit or loan you are seeking.
But you will probably not receive the more competitive offers and rates that having a "Good" credit score (above 700) can provide.
Any score below 700 could use a boost.
If you want some of the best rates and terms lenders have to offer, you need to work on raising your credit score to at least 725, which is well within the “good” range.
What Will a 675 Credit Score Get You?
A 675 credit score falls within the "Fair" range on the scale.
But what will it get you?
|Item||Do You Qualify?|
|Any Credit Card||NO|
|No Annual Fee Credit Card||YES|
|Credit Card with 0% Financing||YES|
|Best Mortgage Rates||NO|
|Auto Loan with 0% Rate||NO|
|Lowest Auto Insurance Premiums||NO|
How Does a 675 Credit Score Compare?
It's one thing to find out if your credit credit score is "Good" or "Bad". But more importantly, how does it compare to others?
Here's a quick look at how a 675 credit score stacks up:
|% Of People||Range|
|28% of people||750 - 850|
|10% of people||700 - 749|
|16% of people||650 - 699|
|32% of people||550 - 649|
|14% of people||300 - 549|
As shown above, an estimated 16% of all people have a score in the 650-699 range.
How To Improve Your Credit Score The Right Way
Once upon a time, my credit score was 675 too. I wasn't happy. It didn't allow me to get the credit cards and loan rates I desired.
So I decided to make a change.
My score is now around 777 (lucky right?), and I enjoy some of the best rates and terms lenders have to offer.
Find out how I did it:
5 Facts about a 675 Credit Score
- With a 675 credit score, you can rest easy knowing your credit is considered “Fair”. Only 25 points away from the “Good Credit” category.
- A person with a 675 credit score should have attractive options for obtaining a mortgage (given a good credit history and debt to income ratio)
- Auto loans for a 675 credit score are plentiful. Just be careful about the interest rate. Shop around and read the fine print before accepting a loan offer.
- Credit cards for a 675 credit score are often times very attractive. Keep in mind that you may not be eligible for the best rates and cards available until your score is above 700.
- Personal loans are expensive no matter your credit score. But with a 675 credit score, just be careful and shop around before you sign the papers.