A: 685 is a "Fair" Credit Score!
Any credit score in the 650-699 range is generally considered “Fair”.
|Excellent||750 - 850|
|Good||700 - 749|
|Fair||650 - 699|
|Poor||550 - 649|
|Very Poor||300 - 549|
A 685 credit score (Fair Credit) is often viewed by lenders as an acceptable credit risk - meaning you will usually be approved for the credit or loan you are seeking.
But you will probably not receive the more competitive offers and rates that having a "Good" credit score (above 700) can provide.
Any score below 700 could use a boost.
If you want some of the best rates and terms lenders have to offer, you need to work on raising your credit score to at least 725, which is well within the “good” range.
What Will a 685 Credit Score Get You?
A 685 credit score falls within the "Fair" range on the scale.
But what will it get you?
|Item||Do You Qualify?|
|Any Credit Card||NO|
|No Annual Fee Credit Card||YES|
|Credit Card with 0% Financing||YES|
|Best Mortgage Rates||NO|
|Auto Loan with 0% Rate||NO|
|Lowest Auto Insurance Premiums||NO|
How Does a 685 Credit Score Compare?
It's one thing to find out if your credit credit score is "Good" or "Bad". But more importantly, how does it compare to others?
Here's a quick look at how a 685 credit score stacks up:
|% Of People||Range|
|28% of people||750 - 850|
|10% of people||700 - 749|
|16% of people||650 - 699|
|32% of people||550 - 649|
|14% of people||300 - 549|
As shown above, an estimated 16% of all people have a score in the 650-699 range.
How To Improve Your Credit Score The Right Way
Once upon a time, my credit score was 685 too. I wasn't happy. It didn't allow me to get the credit cards and loan rates I desired.
So I decided to make a change.
My score is now around 777 (lucky right?), and I enjoy some of the best rates and terms lenders have to offer.
Find out how I did it:
5 Facts about a 685 Credit Score
- A 685 credit score is within the “Fair Credit” category (which ranges from 650-699). Only 15 points away from the “Good Credit” category.
- An individual with a 685 credit score should be eligible for a mortgage, albeit at a higher rate than a “Good” or “Excellent” credit score (depending on credit history).
- Auto loans are readily available for people with a 685 credit score, just be careful about the interest rates – shop around.
- Credit cards for 685 credit score are also readily available. Just don’t expect to be approved for the “best of the best”. You’ll probably have to compromise on the rewards and/or interest rates.
- Personal loans for a 685 credit score are available, just be sure to shop around and compare offers before diving in. Consider trying to bump up your credit score to 700+ before shopping around for loans.